Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:43:19 +0100
From:      Wael Nasreddine <mla@nasreddine.com>
To:        Joe Demeny <jd1987@borozo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to recover data from FreeBSD 4.11 system

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

This One Time, at Band Camp, Joe Demeny <jd1987@borozo.com> said, On Thu, F=
eb 14, 2008 at 01:08:35AM -0500:
> I have an old Cyrix computer which doesn't post any more.

> It had 3 hard drives. The boot drive had the / partition as well as /usr=
=20
> and /var, and the other 2 drives were configured with Vinum RAID 1 for /h=
ome.

> I hooked up what used to be the boot drive in a new system and it showed =
what=20
> looked like some hex numbers and then the error message "BTX halted".

> So, I installed this drive as the second hard drive in a FreeBSD 6.2 syst=
em=20
> and I tried to mount it, but I got "incorrect super block".

> Looks like I have /dev/ad1, /dev/ad1s1, /dev/ad1s1c, and /dev/ad1s1e.

> Is there a way to mount these filesystems?

When you try to mount it, what'd you get in dmesg ??

--=20
Wael Nasreddine
http://wael.nasreddine.com
PGP: 1024D/C8DD18A2 06F6 1622 4BC8 4CEB D724  DE12 5565 3945 C8DD 18A2

=2E: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
   would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--