Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:14:53 +0100
From:      Alain Thivillon <Alain.Thivillon@alma.fr>
To:        Zachary Maas <zac@dodgecity.hpi.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: frontpage encrypting password problem?

Zachary Maas ecrivait (wrote)  :

> hpi:ocuON2lNk4pNQ

fpsrvadm.exe comes from BSDI3.0 and use DES encryption. Stock FreeBSD
use MD5. So when Apache runs (linked with MD5) and check passwords, they
don't match.

> but i hope thay have and if _anyone_ has a work around then please let me
> know ASAP! :)))  Any help is appreciated.

I'm currentlly overwriting password using 'htpasswd' utility linked from
support/ Apache distribution, but real users can't change  their
password using FP client.

You can install DES support for FreeBSD and relinks Apache with new
libcrypt library.

--
:r ~/.signature