Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 19:31:27 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Subject:   Re: request for review: move of /var/cron/log to /var/log/cron.log

> 	Don't get me wrong, my boss/cow orkers/etc. aren't morons, I would just
> like to avoid gratuitous differences for their own sake.

"FreeBSD is not Solaris".  The differences aren't "gratuitous" because
we're not trying to be "like Solaris" in the first place.  The
differences that exist do so because our idea of "sensible" doesn't
agree with Sun's.  The real discriminating factor there is that we do
things that seem sensible to our community, while Sun do it however
they please and then force their community to put up with it.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org