Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:57:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      McConnell <alan17@wizard.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        alan17@saruman.wizard.net (McConnell)

I run Linux on my home machine.  It has a name which has not been
registered anywhere.  Thanks to qmail, the "From: " line of mail
from me appears as "alan17@wizard.net", which is the mailbox
given me by my ISP.

When I try to send E-mail to your E-list, it is rejected.  The
message reported back to my machine, according to qmail, is:
"Connected to 204.216.27.18 but my name was rejected.  Host not
found".

Evidently, your machine, hub.FreeBSD.ORG, is extremely severe about
what E-mail it accepts.  Must that be so?  I am, and have been,
subscribed to many E-lists, and yours is the only list which gives
this problem.

I hope that I can, perhaps, be manually subscribed, since, as a
new FreeBSD user, your list will be of great help to me.

Sincerely,

Alan McConnell

P.S.  To get this to you, I have had to telnet into my wizard.net
shell account, and re-edit this message, forwarded back up to wizard.
This is ridiculous!

--
Alan McConnell        Craftily written on line!  Note that Alan has
Pixel Analysis        a new ISP!  Run Linux if at all possible!  Shun