Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:57:49 -0600
From:      "Nick H." <nickh@supportteam.net>
To:        "Tilman Linneweh" <tilman@arved.de>, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IPFILTER Problems [branch from: Ethernet (xl) will not transmit or receive]

Due to the fact that when I install a fresh box (straight from CD [release
versions]) the machine works fine, Im thinking it has to do with some
possible changes to the code for IPFILTER.  It only happens when I grab the
setup data from the ftp servers.  My problem, however, seemed to disappear
when I ripped IPFILTER out of the kernel conf and rebuilt everything.  Im
not using an xl card in the latest machine I have, it's using fxp (dual
Intel Pro 10/100+'s) and it occured there also.  IPFILTER on the RELEASE
version from CD worked fine, but after a cvsup all hell broke lose on the
system again.   Were there any changes to the IPFILTER code since
5.0-RELEASE was set in ISO?

Is anyone else having this problem on any of their machines?  I have tried a
couple of interface setups (one being DHCP, the other being manually set)
and it produces the same results using both methods.  I'll compare the
IPFILTER from the -RELEASE cd to the IPFILTER currently on the CVS servers.
If I find anything, I'll be sure to send it here first ;)

Regards,
Nick H.