Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:43:10 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: sio0 not probed in recompiled Generic kernel - need external modem support on com1 port

Well folks I figured it out by my self. I did not get any responses to my
post so I keep fooling around trying different things. I took the hard drive
from the development PC and used it in a old 586 133mhz pc to see if the
problem was hardware dependent.
I still got the message 'sio0 not probed (Disabled)'.

Then the new FBSD handbook came in the mail and it had a different FBSD 4.4
install cd from Windriver. I reinstalled FBSD over my previous install,
copied my custom kernel source from floppy and recompiled kernel. Now the
message 'sio0 not probed (Disabled)' no longer get issued during the boot
process. My original FBSD4.4 install CD that was giving me the problem was
from Linux Central and only cost $3.00. It was FBSD version 4.4 but it must
have been in error some way.

On the FBSD road again. Happy trails to all.