Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2018 07:53:22 -0700
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Udf to "plain" iso9660

On 27 Jan 2018, at 00:26, Thomas Sparrevohn =
<thomas.sparrevohn@btinternet.com> rote:
> Check the =E2=80=9Cmake realesse=E2=80=9D it does it in many formats

I assume you meant "make release"?

I had a similar issue recently where I couldn't get an older machine o =
boot from a USB thumb drive and the CD drive it had was so ancient it =
has stuck in the closed position nd wouldn't open, so I had to forage =
fro another drive (a DVD-RW about a decade newer and yet about a decade =
old!) in order to install.

It would probably be possible to make a GPT partition on a live disk and =
copy the install media to it, but I don't know off the top of my head =
how to shrink a GPT partition so that a new one can be added. shouldn't =
be hard though.

The trick might be getting the right one to boot?

--=20
The only good thing ever to come out of religion was the music.