Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:37:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crashes

Just to let you know how it went....

 *  * From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>

 *  *     Please upgrade your system to the latest ffs_softdep.c, vers 1.47.  This
 *  *     will fix a number of other problems but may not fix this one.

I first upped it to 1.48 (I think) and was seeing hangs all over the
place (telnet says "connected" but nothing shows up except empty
lines, etc.), but the problems went away when I moved to 1.56.  The
machines have been running reliably for a few days now.

Satoshi