Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:32:47 -0400
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

kris karped

> It may require some tweaking; I don't think anyone's seen an SMP AMD
> mobo yet.

They've been seen; they're just not out yet.  Tyan showed off a 760MP a
couple of months ago (at linuxworld?).  It was running Mandrake Linux.
We have money waiting to buy one as soon as they ship (june?).

As FreeBSD support6s both x86 and alpha, and does smp on alpha, I don't
imagine that it will be too hard once a kernel developer gets hands on
a board . . .

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.       Smeal 178    (814) 375-4700
dochawk@psu.edu