Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 02:19:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      eagle@phc.igs.net
To:        tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        reg@shale.csir.co.za, asmodai@wxs.nl, brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A BSD-licensed GUI toolkit?

On  7 Mar, Terry Lambert wrote:

> This is almost right.
>
> However, I think the future doesn't have X in it at all.  X is a huge
> behemoth.  It is too large.  an X server has to have too much in the
> way of resources for it to be useful.
>

> 					Terry Lambert
> 					terry@lambert.org

Think about writing a X application that's not text dependant with the
style sheet concept, while a set of widgets based upon this idea would
possibly be a good idea, it IMHO would need to be included in a more
general purpose toolkit.

One other thought I had on Terry's idea, actually two but anyway.

If we could include a xprotocol/xlib compatibility layer this idea  ....

one possible method of improving performance over the vnc protocol
would to base it upon polygons instead of rectangles, this should
reduce the number of raw pixels drawn by quite a few depending on the
server side algorithims to implement this capability.. I have a few
other ideas' but I'll let them rest until I see what terry has to say

rob