Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 10:52:37 -0700
From:      "Ember Talent" <etalent@bizjournals.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What is BSD

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C0D2F6.0046C680

Hey there,

Well my question is just a general one I was wondering if you could =
explain in laymans terms (someone who is familar enough to keep simple =
office tasks and other programs running on a Windows based computer and =
knows how to munipulate files in DOS) what BSD is and how it works?  =
Also any tips you can give me on what Linux is, (besides the "someone =
created it based off the concept of Unix so it could be more afforadble =
than Unix which is so great" line) would be appriciated. =20

I currently sell classified advertising space in the Portland Business =
Journal and one of my three catergories is technology.  I know a lot =
about it but not enough I find as my clients leave me in the dust when =
discussing these things with me.

Thanks for any time taken regarding my question.

~Ember~

Ember Talent - etalent@bizjournals.com
The Portland Business Journal
Phone: 503-274-8733
Fax: 503-295-1130
--------------------------------------------------------=20
We've teamed up with MICROSOFT to deliver even=20
more in-depth news and services for business owners--=20
Check it out:  http://portland.bcentral.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C0D2F6.0046C680

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey there,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well my question is just a general one =
I was=20
wondering if you could explain in laymans terms (someone who is familar =
enough=20
to keep simple office tasks and other programs running on a Windows =
based=20
computer and knows how to munipulate files in DOS) what BSD is and how =
it=20
works?&nbsp; Also any tips you can give me on what Linux is, (besides =
the=20
"someone created it based off the concept of Unix so it could be more =
afforadble=20
than Unix which is so great" line) would be appriciated.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I currently sell classified advertising =
space in=20
the Portland Business Journal and one of my three catergories is=20
technology.&nbsp; I know a lot about it but not enough I find as my =
clients=20
leave me in the dust when discussing these things with me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for any time taken regarding my=20
question.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>~Ember~</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ember Talent - <A=20
href=3D"mailto:etalent@bizjournals.com">etalent@bizjournals.com</A><BR>Th=
e=20
Portland Business Journal<BR>Phone: 503-274-8733<BR>Fax:=20

<BR>We've teamed up with MICROSOFT to deliver even <BR>more in-depth =
news and=20
services for business owners-- <BR>Check it out:&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://portland.bcentral.com">http://portland.bcentral.com</A>=20
<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C0D2F6.0046C680--