Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:49:54 +0700 (JAVT)
From:      ari <arifin@xfilesfan.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Playing MIDI files?

Hi all,

Last week I could added my sound card to kernel, sound card work fine
for playing CD Audio using "cdplay", but when I try running MIDI files
sound doesn't heard. I'm playing MIDI files using "kmidi" from KDE.

Below is message show on kmidi "Info Window":

MIDI file: /mnt/ode2fam.mid
Format: 1  Tracks: 4  Divisions: 192
Copyright: Copyright . 1995 <Song Author Name>.All Rights Reserved
Text: Generated by NoteWorthy 1.0
Text: Unnamed-000
Track name: Unnamed-000
Instrument: Unnamed-000
Text: Unnamed-001
Track name: Unnamed-001
Instrument: Unnamed-001
Text: Unnamed-002
Track name: Unnamed-002
Instrument: Unnamed-002
No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 1 - this instrument will
not be heard
No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 25 - this instrument will
not be heard
No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 33 - this instrument will
not be heard

Anyone know, where I got a mistaken?, FYI I use FreeBSD 226, KDE, and
SoundBlaster 16 card.

thank you,
-ari