Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:31:56 -0600
From:      Kim Shrier <kim@tinker.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 gig shared memory

I am configuring a dual processor box with 4 gig of memory.  One of the
main applications I will be running is PostgreSQL.  It uses SysV shared
memory for its internal data pages.  If I were to configure a 4.8 kernal
to have 2 gig  of SysV shared memory, will this cause problems.  The
remaining 2 gig of memory is more than sufficient for the rest of the
programs that will be running on the machine.

Kim

--
 Kim Shrier - principal, Shrier and Deihl - mailto:kim@tinker.com
Remote Unix Network Admin, Security, Internet Software Development