Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:19:36 -0500
From:      "jonathan" <jonathan@bluesponge.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NGROUPS_MAX

Hi, i'm jonathan and i'm running a freebsd 4.8 box.

i wish to increase the value of  NGROUPS_MAX into =
/usr/src/sys/sys/syslimits.h.

I'd like to know how increasing that number to permit users from =
/etc/passwd to be member of more than 16 groups will affect system =
performances.=20

What will be an acceptable value for NGROUPS_MAX?
I know this number is set to 32 in suse linux....
I know that ACL is a better way but i wont use it until it's stable =
under 5.x freebsd and that 5.x is recomended for production issues.

About how doing that change...
Is it just about changing the value and reboot the machine or there is =
some recompilation matter linked to that change?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I'm new to this list... everybody keep on that good work ;)