Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:02:00 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        Ryan Goeken <burnboy@wcic.cioe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Ryan Goeken wrote:

> I want to install FreeBSD to improve my unix skills. Someone told me
> that FreeBSD comes with a boot manager. Does that help if you have
> two OS's on the same computer? Does this allow you to switch back
> and fourth between the two?

Yes, you can choose which OS you want to boot into.  You can't press a
button and switch from one to the other though.

> My brother said that having two OS's on one computer would mess up the
> kernel. Is he right? And if so, how can i prevent this from
> happening? Please help.

No, he's not.  I've got Win95 and FreeBSD on my system, and alot of
others do the same, whether it be Win95, NT, or whatever.

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: