Date:      18 May 2000 00:40:07 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Transparent xterm with daemon1 background image?

Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net> wrote:

> Hi, Christian.  "Eterm -f red -P daemon1.xpm" is readable for me

I hate to disagree, but it's not for me.

> If only white or black text will do, you might use an image-processing
> program such as gimp or xv, or use the -brighten and -gamma options
> to xloadimage, to reduce the contrast of the image, brighten, or
> darken it.

But I like the background image the way it is!

aterm--which is the terminal I played with today--supports a
bewildering array of options relating to transparency. That's why
I asked for recommendations.

Slightly darkening the background and using white on black (-sh 80
-rv) seems to work reasonably well. I probably won't use this in
any regular fashion, but for showing off at user shows it may be
suitable.