Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:58:14 -0600
From:      <Matthew_Northcott@Dell.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org.>
Subject:   Gateway MX3215 laptop running fbsd 6.1 current, no sound.

 have been hacking at this freebsd install for over 3 weeks now. Got
everything working perfectly but sound. Been playing with it for awhile
and have tried all of the config options i could imagine. Now gateway
doesnt shed to much light on the soundcard/chipset thats in this system.

it does tell me these two bits of info.=20
Chipset: Via VN800=20
Audio: AC '97 2.3 Compliant Audio=20
Built-in Speakers=20

So i tried native drivers, but no go. So i then downloaded and got OSS
installed ( latest version from the website) it does see my sound card
as VIA VT8233/8235/8237. But when I go to play sound eaither ussing
osstest or an application like xmms the system thinks it's playing to
the sound out, but i get no sound from the speakers. Adjusted volume
using ossxmix, but to no avail. Anyone ever ran into anyhting like this
or is using this same system? Any help would be much appreciated.
=20
=20