Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:43:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Drew Mouton <drew@etool.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BigTime FreeBSD; was Re: Linux vs.

	AFAIK Yahoo! has many web servers doing some sort of DNS round
robin or some sort of load balancing. They are your plain P/Pro boxes -
don't think they are doing SMP as of yet. They are all SCSI however.
	Setup like this allows you to have 100 gazillion hits per day
since each machine only gets fraction of hits.

-- Yan

www.best.com/~jkb/         Unix users of the world unite:
www.{free,open,net}bsd.org | www.linux.org | www.apache.org | www.perl.com
"Turn up the lights, I don't want to go home in the dark."