Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:25:40 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>
Cc:        "Corey G." <cgaff@flashcom.net>, Michael <michael@abaddon.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ata0 problems

Hello,

I also have seen it with 4.1-R and 4.1.1-R with a BX motherboard : in my case, it's most likely
due to bad hard disks (which the ata(4) driver is using with all performance options "ON")

     TfH

Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru> on 24/11/2000 08:37:08

 To:      "Corey G." <cgaff@flashcom.net>

 cc:      Michael <michael@abaddon.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>,
          freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG(bcc: Thierry
          HERBELOT/FR/ALCATEL)

I haven't tried FreeBSD 4.2 yet, but I had
this problem in 4.0 and 4.1, and described
it in http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=17643.

The problem report has been recently closed
with the reason:
   Problems with the VIA 586 chipset should be fixed in 4.2 and later

So it seems it should be re-opened?

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 07:24:01PM -0600, Corey G. wrote:
> I saw the same error tonight. (if it is an error).
>
> FreeBSD 4.2
> AMD K62-450
> ATA-66 - Maxtor Drive
>
> ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
> ata0: resetting devices .. done
> ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
> ata0: resetting devices .. done
>
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 06:30:11PM +0000, Michael wrote:
> > Hello
> > I have problems in FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE
> >

> > Nov 23 09:49:53 lucky /kernel: ata0: resetting devices .. done
> > Nov 23 09:50:44 lucky /kernel: ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 -
> > resetting
> >
> > regards, Michael

> ---end quoted text---
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Corey

=== Grigoriy Strokin, Lomonosov University (MGU), Moscow ===
=== contact info: http://isabase.philol.msu.ru/~grg/     ===