Date:      Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:52:12 +0100
From:      Klaus Leibrandt <leibrand@in.tum.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 2410SA

Hello,

I am currently considering a (Serial) ATA RAID (5) solution for my
FreeBSD Box.

My questions:

As I see virtually all Adaptec Host Adapters are supported, including
the "Adaptec 2400A ATA-RAID".

Is the "Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 2410SA" adapter also supported? Or, if
not, will it be in near future?

Highpoint Technologies claim that their products work on FreeBSD. But I
could not find the following Adapters in Hardware.txt. Will these cards
work with FreeBSD in RAID 5 Mode?

HighPoint RocketRAID 1640
HighPoint RocketRAID 1540

Is there any progress with 3Ware 8000/8500 Series support?

Thanks,

Klaus