Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:30:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        chris@calldei.com
Cc:        hoek@FreeBSD.org, mpp@FreeBSD.org (Mike Pritchard), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Please review: rc file changes

> On Sat, Aug 28, 1999, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> > A sentence ends
> > .Ar here .
> > But this new one has a single space preceeding it.
>
>    Does adding a space after the `.' at the end of your line
> help?

Please, no trailing white space :-)!

Seriously, I think that all of the current mdoc macros that allow
puncuation characters to be specified screw this up and only add one space.
Mdoc should be fixed to add two spaces in this case, and then if
the man page author really does only want one space, they
can do it with the existing Ns macro (no space).

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org or mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net