Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:42:26 +0000
From:      Trent Nelson <trent@limekiln.vcisp.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Worrying ATA problems.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 06:10:38PM +0000, Trent Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I've had a new server for a little over three months now that's
>     started running into some worrying ata troubles.

    Uhh, crap.  I'm building PostgreSQL in the Linux VMware guest OS,
    and the drive started making a bunch of sounds that can only be
    described as being similar to taking a floppy out of the drive wh-
    ile it's being written to.  Of course, these sounds were coupled
    with a system freeze and a bunch of ata error messages when every-
    thing had passed.

    Has anyone ever experienced *anything* like this?

        Trent.