Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2018 15:22:21 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A more general possible meltdown/spectre countermeasure

While you might be right, I've seen no indication that a cache miss would
defeat these attacks in the public and non-public data I've looked at, even
though a large number of alternatives to the published workarounds have
been discussed. I'm therefore somewhat skeptical this would be effective.
I'm open, however, to data that changes that skepticism...

Warner