Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:06:36 +0300
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "John Hay" <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>, "John Polstra" <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.org>, <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Subject:   Re: Reason: releng4 comp. hack, machdep.c 1.539 (was: cvsupd death (signal 6))

John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za> wrote:
: John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com> wrote:
: > In article <20021003024857.GA2461@nagual.pp.ru>,
: > Andrey A. Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru> wrote:
: > > Additional details: it cause not only cvsupd death, but rarely =
cvsup
: > > signal 6 death too with this diagnostic:
: > >=20
: > > ***
: > > *** runtime error:
: > > ***    Value out of range
: > > ***    file=20
: > > =
"/tmp/a/ports/lang/ezm3/work/ezm3-1.0/libs/libm3/src/uid/Common/Time
: > > Stamp.m3", line 63
: >=20
: > This particular message is usually caused by a very bogus system =
date
: > setting.
:=20
: I also see this on current using cvsup and my machine is synced with
: ntpd, so its time is ok. I have tried a few different versions of
: cvsup, but they all do the same thing. I have not tried to compile my
: own yet. In my case cvsup die everytime I try to use it. It go through
: the src but breaks somewhere in ports/math.

I have rebuilt world some time during Oct 1.  Both cvsup-1.16e and
cvsup-without-gui-1.16f die when updating the ports here.  Is there
some way of providing more useful information than a "me too" here?
Like, say, a crash dump of cvsup and a stack trace or whatever it
is that m3 uses?

Giorgos.