Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 96 04:09:36 -0800
From:      Peter Orkopoulos <ORKOPOULOS@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help!

I have a pentium 100 with 8 megs of ram and I tried to
insall FreeBSD from the FTP site, by using the installation
boot disk (boot.flp, but when I was asked for an IP
address, I called my ISP (ATT Worldnet) and they told me
that I don't have ONE.  I get a different IP every time I
connect (or something like that)  And there was also a lot
of info that I couldn't provide, so I aborted the
Installation. I couldnt boot normally, it said "F1...BSD"
then "Default F1" and started the bsd setup again. I used a
boot disk and I HAD NO HARD DRIVE.  So I formatted my
computer, but now it says "F1...dos" then "Default F1".
I've stated everything I've done, and just want to know how
to fix my computer like it was before. By now its probably
obvious that I know absolutely nothing about UNIX or
FreeBSD except that I've heard that it's better for tcp/ip
connections, servers

Please, someone respond, I really need help.