Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:38:51 +0000
From:      amg <ursa@cris.com>
To:        support@FreeBSD.com
Subject:   ATAPI

Support:

   I am thinking of adding one of the new combination 1.44 floppy
 drive / 120 Meg floppy-type cartridge - probably like the ZIP drive
 cartridges.  I spoke with the factory and told me that:
   1. the device is ATAPI complient,
   2. it is an IDE device.
 Currently I have no IDE devices, all are SCSI.

   If I got the device:
     1. What drivers in the kernel would I use?
     2. What choices would I make in my "LINT" file?
     3. Is there anything else that you can think of that I would
        have to change or concern myself with?
 I am not interested in spending the money if there is little chance
 that it will work.

    Thank you for your time.

                                      ursa@cris.com