Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 2020 08:11:14 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Openness vs. Comfort

On 12 Jun 2020, at 07:37, Vincent DEFERT <20.100@defert.com> wrote:
> My impression is that there are 2 sub-groups in the FreeBSD community, =
those wanting FreeBSD to dominate over Windows and Linux, and those =
wanting to keep every semi-colon in its set line and column forever.

Neither of the groups you describe cover the majority of FreeBSD users.

> [ Deliberate exaggeration here, but posts on this mailing-list and on =
the forums seldom fall in the mid-range. ]

Most posts are about using the current version of the OS, or a recent =
version. The vast majority of posts are in no way evangelical.

> I assume all of you have perfectly healthy eyes. Great!
> Unfortunately, this is not my case. For me, reading plain text =
messages is a torture. I made an effort in the beginning, but it is not =
possible in the long term.

Then you have a poor MUA. One of the points of plain text is that the =
recipient can make it look exactly how they want.

--=20
O is for OLIVE run through with an awl P is for PRUE trampled flat in
	a brawl