Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:38:36 +0100
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        Gustavo De Nardin <gustavodn@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SSH and gigabit NICs

Gustavo De Nardin wrote:

>On 07/07/05, Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>

>>Does anyone have a clue what might be going on?
>>

>Dunno, but you might take a look at /usr/ports/security/hpn-ssh/:

Thanks for the tip.  Will have a look as soon as I get the time to play
again :-(

>Does anyone know if/how the "none" Cipher is really available? I need
>ssh only for authentication when transfering backups, and encryption
>makes a difference in transfer speed on slow machines...

I'm in the same boat!  If you find out about "none" then please let us
know.  If the code for a "none" cypher really is there, then it may be
straightforward to turn it on.  Then again, there may be a good reason
why it *isn't* turned on.  Might be worth asking on an ssh mailing list
about this one... will be looking for one as soon as I get the time to
play again :-(  (Damn, I hates work; sigh).

--Alex