Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:29:56 -0500
From:      Alok Dhir <adhir@forumone.com>
To:        "'Forrest W. Christian'" <forrestc@iMach.com>, "'Ljungqvist, Lennart'" <lennart.ljungqvist@telia.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Signal 11 error when installing 3.4 STABLE

If I could add one thing - its typically difficult to accept that these
problems are caused by hardware.  "But my machine runs Win9x perfectly" is a
typical retort when the finger is pointed at hardware.

It is important to note that FreeBSD/Linux/etc are significantly more
demanding than Win9x, etc, and are much more likely to bring flaky hardware
problems to the surface.

I've seen Signal 11 many times over the past several years from various
versions of FreeBSD and LInux, and so far, it has been caused by bad
hardware (usually memory) every time...

Al