Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:05:35 +0900
From:      Stephane LAPIE <stephane.lapie@darkbsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for Areca ARC-1300-4x and ARC-1300ix-16x

--------------enigEED7431C1C6CA48C6D368B01

Hello,

While looking for cheap non-RAID SAS controllers for the purpose of
building ZFS storage based on storage vaults accessed as JBOD, I came
across the following controllers on Areca's website and noticed the
mention "BSD/FreeBSD (will be available with 6Gb/s Host Adapter)".

They are not reported in the arcmsr(4) manual page, which leaves me
confused as to whether these models are supported or not by FreeBSD 8.0
at this point, and I would gladly welcome any
comment/experience/recommendation related to using these chips in a
FreeBSD environment.

Thanks in advance,
--=20
Stephane LAPIE, EPITA SRS, Promo 2005
"Even when they have digital readouts, I can't understand them."
--MegaTokyo