Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 00:44:49 -0200
From:      Gustavo V G C Rios <grios@ddsecurity.com.br>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secondary IDE cannot be detected

Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 02-Nov-99 Gustavo V G C Rios wrote:
> >  I am trying to get my Secondary IDE detected, but FreeBSD DOES NOT
> >  detect it!
> >  This device is working well under another OS like Linux and Win98 (i
> >  have 3 OSes in my machine), so i believe there is no hardware problems.
>
> Does it have a device on it? If not it won't show up.
>
> If it only has a slave on it, it won't be detected either - its supposed to
> have a master as well - or just a master (this might have changed recently
> though)
>
> ---
> Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer
> for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au
> "The nice thing about standards is that there
> are so many of them to choose from."
>   -- Andrew Tanenbaum

I have a CDROM onto it!
It's in the secondary slave, so i need to change it to the master.

Thaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot for your time and cooperation!

It's surprise that nobody at questions@free... knows about that! But
nothing that hackers@free... could not solve it, of course!

Thank you guys!

--
Message of the day:

    The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.