Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:33:23 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, bri@sonicboom.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail upgrade

Brian wrote,

> I have FreeBSD 4.3 release, which came with Sendmail 8.11.3.  I decided to
> upgrade to 8.11.6, which was in the ports tree.

Fine, but have't you got a mesage while installing?

[snip]
To activate sendmail as your default mailer, call the target 'mailer.conf':

$ make mailer.conf

[snip]

And the new version is active.
You can always switch back, if you save or revert the "mailer.conf"

see also:
$ man mailer.conf

> It would be nice for more info to be given at the
> end of the install.  I also edited /etc/mail/mailer.conf per the notes at
> the end.

Then you been fine, or did the port give you uncorrect information?

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany