Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2021 13:49:27 -0300
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Lucas_Nali_de_Magalh=C3=A3es?= <rollingbits@gmail.com>
To:        grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] making /bin/sh the default shell for root

--Apple-Mail-178C6322-9FE5-49CC-B9BB-E0E1B7F45EF5

It looks like every time I correct an error, someone tries to hack my accoun=
t=E2=80=A6 odd.

> On Sep 29, 2021, at 3:40 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com> wrote:
> =EF=BB=BFThe system shell really only need to support the
> language of the shipped scripts of the base tooling
> such as rc subsystem.

No. The system shell is supposed to make the system usable
by the users. Actually, the real problem is that the easiest way
to shoot one's own foot is by changing the language (say, the
shell) spoken by default by FreeBSD.

> zoor zsh
> toor tcsh
> coor csh
> qoor sql
> poor python
> boor bash
> goor go
> plus the entire rest of world of shellish thingies just
> to satisfy. Which is obviously untenable and absurd and
> causes futher legacies, maintenance, dependencies.
> Where does it stop, what is the limiting definition.
> Moving to just one, some type of an "sh", seems best
> to resolve the question.

This is non-sense. Every unix user should know that it's
possible to changing the used shell by using

chsh

and this includes root. BTW, toor default to sh, not tcsh.

--=20
rollingbits =E2=80=94 =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@icloud.com =F0=9F=93=A7 rolli=
ngbits@gmail.com =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@yahoo.com