Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:11:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: startribune.com article

I had a similar impression.  Needless to say, I was quoted out of
context and had some of my comments which were made by way of
explanation for other comments (which were positive) somewhat,
erm, strenghtened so I came off sounding like I was bumming out
about the situation when I was, in fact, describing problems which
had been SOLVED.

Oh well, it seems you just can't win with the press.  Hopefully my
interview with the Wall Street Journal (to be published next week)
will be presented in a more balanced light.  The Boston Globe article
(reprinted here in the star tribune) was done by a Linux advocate who
had more of an axe to grind, and I may just stop doing certain kinds
of interviews altogether.

Then again, as the saying goes:  Publicity is publicity! :-)

- Jordan