Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:25:56 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Jordi Carrillo <jordilin@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Backing up

On Sep 5, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Jordi Carrillo wrote:
> I use FreeBSD as my primary Desktop. I have purchased an external
> usb hard
> drive to perform backups of my home directory. What type of
> filesystem do
> you recommend for this drive, ext2?, fat?...

If you are only using FreeBSD, formatting it in the native FFS or
FFS2 would make the most sense.

If you want to access these files from Windows or some other
operating system, using FAT might be reasonable, although you should
probably archive your files using tar, pax, dump, etc to preserve
filesystem metadata that would otherwise be lost.

--
-Chuck