Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kyle Mobley <kyle@mobley.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB MS IntelliMouse under FreeBSD 4-stable

Hello everyone!

Well as you can tell by the subject I am having trouble getting both
moused and X to reconize and use my USB Microsoft Intellimouse.

I have the lines added in my kernel for usb support
	device uhci
	device ohci
	device usb
	device ums

I have done MAKEDEV ums0 in the /dev directory

I have the following lines in the rc.conf
	moused_enable="YES"
	moused_type="auto"
	moused_port="/dev/ums0"
	moused_flags=""

	usbd_enable="YES"
	usbd_flags=""

Now I know that in order to get XFree86-4.0 working wth the mouse I must
first get moused to work. I still have not been able to accomplish this.

In dmesg it shows that the following are detected.
	uhci0
	usb0
	uhub0

Also uhci1,usb1,uhub1.

It used to have ums0 ms intellimouse detect too but after i did cvsup to
-stable from -release and did all the neccessary things like make
world,kernel compile/install, /dev ; ./MAKEDEV all, and rebooted it is no
longer there. It didn't work before however even when it was detected.

So here I am completely stuck and out of ideas. If it helps the version of
my intellimouse is 1.1a

Thanks for taking the time to read this email. I hope you can help me.

-Kyle