Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:56:30 +0300
From:      Angelin Lalev <lalev@uni-svishtov.bg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can freebsd-update update kernels with option IPFIREWALL_FORWARD

Greetings,

Several weeks ago I tried to change the way my FreeBSD servers are updated.
Instead of the lengthy procedure of building FreeBSD from sources,
I tried to use freebsd-update.
On two of the servers, I ran into a problem. Obviously GENERIC kernel
with ipfw module loaded couldn't provide the functionality of a kernel,
compiled with IPFIREWALL_FORWARD option.
So I've returned to my old ways of updating, but I forgot the crontab
entry which invoked freebsd-update. To my surprise, yesterday I received
a message, that said that updates are downloaded for my kernel (currently
FreeBSD 6.2p3 - yeah, I'm lazy ...).
Does this mean that freebsd-update team builds kernels with IPFIREWALL_FORWARD now?