Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:10:51 -0500
From:      "Scott L. Whittenburg" <drscott@twodocs.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial Line Speed

I am trying to set up FreeBSD2.1.5 as an ISP. Initially we are using
dial-up modem lines and next week a TeleBit MICA. We are using pppd
in the ttys file and dialing in from Win95.  If I set the pppd to
9600 baud and connect at 9600 baud, no problems.  If I move the baud
rate higher, say 57600 (I know the modem can do this) and dial in at
57600 its gibberish.  The modem sounds like 9600 or 19200.  I have
included in rc.serial setting the baud for ttyd1, ttyld1 and ttyid1
to 57600 and the rc.serial file is read at boot.  What.s the problem?
Please email to drscott@on-ramp.i-10.net (hopefully the server is
up!)  Thanks.