Date:      Sun, 09 May 2004 14:58:33 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <freebsd@fbsdsolutions.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome 2.6 broke OO and Evo

I was finally able to upgrade to gnome 2.6 on my 5.2 system.

When finished, I fired up Evolution and it came up, but with no fonts.  I
tried a basic portupgrade of evo to accomodate the changes, but afterwards,
evo wouldn't even load.  Trying the old fashioned method, I did a make
deinstall then make install, but still it doesn't load.  A task bar item
comes up but no splash screen or anything, and after about 10 seconds it all
disappears.

Similar with OpenOffice, it just hangs when I try to fire anything up,
including setup.  I did try pkg_deleting it and reinstalling the precompiled
package, but setup still won't run.

So, I am figuring the gnome upgrade broke something, but I have no idea on
where to start on figuring this out.  Do I need to wait for new evo/OO
source/packages?

TIA

 -Derrick