Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:09:29 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Monah Baki <mbaki@whywire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla weirdness

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 08:54:46AM -0400, Monah Baki wrote:

> I just upgraded my ports tree and I'm running gnome 2.4 with mozilla 1.4.=
 I logged in as my=20
> username (not root) and double clicked my mozilla icon (which was pointin=
g to /usr/X11R6/
> bin/mozilla). 2 things I got confused is it gave me a dialog box saying w=
hich profile to use (by=20
> default, there was default), so I clicked choose defaut profile, it respo=
nded "it's already in use".=20
> Then all of a sudden every 2-3 seconds it gave the same dialog box and I =
couldn't quit, so I had=20
> to reboot.

This sort of thing can happen occasionally between Mozilla updates.
One thing to try is moving aside your ~/.mozilla directory and
starting again with a new one.  Of course, this means that you'll have
to recreate all of your customised settings and bookmarks and so forth. =20

> This is my 'top' as you can see a lot of mozilla-bin running, any suggest=
ions will be highly=20
> appreciated. Thank you.

Yes -- all of your mozilla processes are stuck trying to startup and
running into some sort of problem reading the defaults.  You should
kill off all of these processes before doing anything with your
~/.mozilla as above:

    % ps -ax | grep moz | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way