Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 1997 01:45:38 +1100
From:      "Leigh Peterson." <ktulu@fox.net.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Interested

Hello,

I was reading the info on your web page after taking about the FreeBSD
program on IRC.  However, there are some questions I have about it.

I am looking to start either a Quake or Quake2 server.  I am pretty 'dumb'
when it comes to operating systems other than WIndows95, NT, etc.  Early in
1998 I am able to buy a P200 or 233/32MgRam/1.2GbHDD as the server.  I an
also going to get a permanent connecting to my ISP via a 64K ISDN line
(hopefully).  Now for the questions.

Can the FreeBSD program be an operating system on a stand alone/server or
does it need other software components?  If so, is it possible to run
either Quake or Quake2 on it?  Is the program a GUI or command line?  And
would the FreeBSD program be sufficient for my purposes or would I be
better of running a UNIX system.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Many thanks,
Leigh.