Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:56:21 -0600
From:      Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
To:        Dan Mahoney <dan@wolf.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Running Samba

I started the nmbd.
This is what I get in the log file.
12/16/98 19:35:35 netbios nameserver version 1.9.17p2 started
Copyright Andrew Tridgell 1994-1997
standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option
bind failed on port 137 socket_addr=0 (Address already in use)
12/16/98 19:35:39 add_domain_names: attempting to become domain master
browser o
n workgroup WORKGROUP 255.255.255.255
add_domain_names:querying WINS for domain master on workgroup WORKGROUP
12/16/98 19:40:46 add_domain_names: attempting to become domain master
browser o
n workgroup WORKGROUP 255.255.255.255
add_domain_names:querying WINS for domain master on workgroup WORKGROUP
12/16/98 19:45:46 add_domain_names: attempting to become domain master
browser o
n workgroup WORKGROUP 255.255.255.255
add_domain_names:querying WINS for domain master on workgroup WORKGROUP

Do you think I need to configure the nmb.conf file also.
If it is then where could it be.
By the way Testparm works great :
su-2.01# testparm
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[public]"
Loaded services file OK.

And the smbclient also works fine: I think
su-2.01# smbclient -L runner
Added interface ip=206.97.149.64 bcast=206.97.149.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
Server time is Wed Dec 16 19:50:56 1998
Timezone is UTC-6.0
Domain=[JJSOFT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 1.9.17p2]

Server=[RUNNER] User=[jahanur] Workgroup=[JJSOFT] Domain=[JJSOFT]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba 1.9.17p2)
        jahanur        Disk      Home Directories
        public         Disk      Public Stuff

And I still dont see nothing in Win95. The hosts has been configured a
long time ago
because I run Virtual IP from the server and this server works as a
gateway.
Please help!!

Jahanur