Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 01:35:04 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <anholt@teleport.com>
To:        Farooq Mela <fmela0@sm.socccd.cc.ca.us>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matrox G400 and XFree86-4/DRI

You can visit my page http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/dri/ for
information on the DRI for FreeBSD.  At this point, the G400 is mostly
working, but there have been some hangs reported.  Unfortunately, I can't
reproduce them on my hardware.

The DRI is incompatible with xinerama, and will not be compatible in the
forseeable future.  I can't remember if there was any hope for DRI on the
dual-head G400s, which don't use xinerama.

--
Eric Anholt
anholt@teleport.com