Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 06:44:26 -0700
From:      "Francis J. Bruening" <francis.j.bruening@bigfoot.com>
To:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2 questions about using the ports collection

All,

A few quick question about the ports collection

1) As ports get updated, is there anyway to automatically find out which
ports
   I have installed, which are no longer "current", and update them behind
the
   scenes. I guess I could write a perl script to look at pkg_info and then
   at what's in /usr/ports, but that seems really clunky...

2) When ports are updated, do their README files get updated also? I ask
this
   because mutt & gnome both had the old release in the README files, but
the
   md5 file referenced the "new" versions

thanks in advance,

Regards,