Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:04:55 -0400
From:      Otter <otter@otter.cc>
To:        jim@luna.cdrom.com
Cc:        Ivan Tolmachev <vano@acps.saog.ac.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP ME

Jim Mock wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 at 19:36:33 +0400, Ivan Tolmachev wrote:
> > HI!
> > Do you include Applixware Office into distrib of FreeBSD 3.3
> > if no, where can I get It
>
> As Ben pointed out in his reply, you can order it from the FreeBSD Mall,
> but I thought I'd mention that we're working on a 'desktop' edition of
> FreeBSD (no, it's not really all that different, it's just bundled with
> desktop type apps) that will come with Applix.  I'm not sure what the
> ETA on it is, but keep your eyes opened; it'll be announced when it's
> available.
>
> - jim
>
> --
> - jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -
> - phone: 1.925.691.2800 x.3814 - fax: 1.925.674.0821 - jim@FreeBSD.org -
> - editor - The FreeBSDzine - www.freebsdzine.org - jim@freebsdzine.org -

Jim,
You were doing just fine until you mentioned Applix. Now you've sparked
my curiosity about it. I've got the FreeBSD port of ApplixWare and use
it for spreadsheets and passing docs back to the M$ weinies at work.
Will this "desktop" package be any different than what's available now?
If so, will it be an available upgrade for existing Applix users? If so,
count me in as being a return customer.
-Otter