Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 1994 18:56:17 -0500
From:      Denis Fortin <lmcdefo@LMC.Ericsson.SE>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0R + SLIP = crashes: the plot thickens

Hello!

	Remember, a couple of weeks ago I reported that since going to
2.0R, our Internet gateway was experiencing about one crash every day
or so?

	Well, I have a bit more information on what causes it.  Our
machine has a PPP link to the Internet, and a number of SLIP connections
from clients that log in to it from PCs or Macs.

	It seems that if somebody cuts his SLIP connection "violently"
(e.g. while they had a telnet session going, or an ftp) by hanging up the
phone, our machine crashes!

	This happens about 1-2 times per day with 2.0R, but never used
to happen with 1.1!

	Any suggestions on where to look?
--
Denis Fortin, Ericsson Research Inc. (LMC/U/LF)       These opinions are my own
+1(514)345-7900 ext.2438   home: fortin@acm.org   work: lmcdefo@lmc.ericsson.se