Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:03:55 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 problems

> > Is there an entry for the Megahertz card in /etc/pccarcd.conf?
>
> Nope, there never has been. However, I had been able to get it running
> back on 2.2.2 (I think). Though that may have be PAO. But PAO could only
> see 1 of my slots. I perfer running straight FreeBSD.

It should be *really* easy to get working under 2.2.6.

> > > 	However, when I compile in the vx0 driver for the 3c905 ethernet
> > > card in the dock, booting freezes. Any ideas on this? I'll include the
> > > dmesg of the system w/o the vx0.
> >
> > No clue.   The dmesg output says nothing either, other than the system
> > is up and running in multi-user mode when it hangs.
>
> I'm considering getting rid of my doc and getting a port replicator. This
> may be the nail in the coffin.

Ahh.  We've had pretty good luck with the port replicators on our boxes,
and haven't used a doc in a long time.  The replicators seem to work
fine. :)

[ Olicom Ethercom card ]

> > Possible, depends on what it's trying to be.  Is it a clone of an NE2000
> > board or what?
>
> Wish I knew. I'm guessing it's not useful. I ran pccardc dumpcis on it, but
> nothing jumped out at me.

You and I are in the same boat (making guesses), but you have the
hardware.  You could try building an entry for it using 'pccardc
dumpcis'.  The 'howto' information has been posted to this list many
times in the past, so you may want to go peruse the archives for
instructions.

Nate