Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 00:07:20 -0500
From:      "F. Even" <freebsdlists@elitists.org>
To:        "Brian" <ircd@wrath.com>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <nicole@unixgirl.com>
Subject:   Re: 3ware stuff not ready for heavy duty useage-followup

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian <ircd@wrath.com>
To: <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc: <nicole@unixgirl.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 7:58 PM

Now, I've got a crappy 235watt power supply.  It handles my six drives, my
dual katmai p3-550's, a pair of dual fan cpu fans, and three fans.  Sure,
you can attempt to ridicule me for doing such things, but I shall ridicule
you for being impractical.

...and you would be wrong, as your desktop a production server does not
make.  It might be fine for the light use of your desktop, but a server
should be rock solid.  I'd be willing to bet if those were P4's, you would
see that take a dive.  If you are running a server like that, I'm
sorry...that is not being "practical," and that opens you up to ridicule for
that...or at least no sympathy when it takes a dive.

Frank