Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:06:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@cygnus.rush.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   make world broken for a day. some NFS stuff as well.

Sorry if this is the result of work in progress, but i've been unable
to make world since saturday night.

It happens during the build of libskey.

--

cc -fpic -DPIC -pipe -DPERMIT_CONSOLE -D_SKEY_INTERNAL -I/usr/src/lib/libskey -W
 -Wall -Werror -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c /usr/src/lib/libskey/skey_g
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/stdio.h:354: warning: `__sputc' defined but not
 used
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/stdio.h:354: warning: `__sputc' defined but not
 used
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/stdio.h:354: warning: `__sputc' defined but not
 used
*** Error code 1
**

I'm also noticing that 4.0-current defualt NFS mounts are hanging
the client nfsiod gets wedged in "sbwait" state.

I'm able to reproduce it locally by building and installing ssh2 from
ports, it hangs during the install phase.  The rest of the machine is
ok, but i cannot umount -f the NFS mount from the client.

I'm going to see if i can do anything to track this down, my goal is
that umount -f on NFS should never, EVER not work.

It seems that while it's wegded it sends data back and forth (tcpdump)
i'm going to look into this, if you have any tests or programs i can run
to track it down please tell me.

Lastly i'm interested in writing a man page for kernel.conf i know
how to submit diffs, but what about totally new files?  just send-pr
with it attached? or a url?

thanks,
-Alfred