Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:55:03 -0600
From:      "Krempasky, Mark" <mkrempasky@epsiloninteractive.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dell 2950 Perc 5/i RAID Controller and FreeBSD 6.1 Question

Hi,

We have a new Dell 2950 with 6 disks, we have verified that the bios and
raid controller firmware are up to date.

Our issue is: after creating 3, RAID 1 virtual disk groups and
initializing them we successfully install FreeBSD 6.1 on the first raid
group.
We then create a file system on the second raid group which seems to
wipe out the FreeBSD install on the first disk group.=20

It seems as though FreeBSD6.1 is not differentiating between the
different disk groups thus when you make changes to 1 group it will
write the changes to the other.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get FreeBSD6.1 to differentiate between
the different virtual disk groups on a Dell 2950?

Thanks
Mark.